Super Moderator

Help for users who want to make a game thread themselves

Making a game thread can be quite a tedious process. Copying all the information from Steam by hand isn't that practical, and wastes a lot of time.

So a little bit back I developed an application that helps with the process by collecting the information for you, and I call it Game Page Formatter.

This application was built for the moderation team, though it's only really used by two people, and only one person on a regular basis.

I understand that some users here may have developed their own game, and they may want to get their game listed here as soon as possible, so I'm sharing this software now to help with that.

Here's an image gallery: http://imgur.com/a/g8oln

How to use it with Steam games:
    On opening the app, you will be asked to paste in a Steam URL. For example, you can enter "http://store.steampowered.com/app/380220/" for Hover Junkers.

After this, you will reach a screen which shows all of the game's images from the Steam gallery, and you can select as many, or as few as you want to include in the post.

Next, you will see your output - this includes the thread title, and the body of the thread which includes information on pricing, playspace, controls, e.t.c.

Now you can ignore the rest of the pages, since as a standard user you don't have the ability to edit the master threads to add in a link.

How to use it with Oculus Experiences games:
    The process with Oculus Experiences games is one step trickier, but we start the same way. Using Edge of Nowhere as an example, we can first paste in a link. In this case, "https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1026648920729545/".

After this, we are asked to open an image. For this to work, we need a screenshot of the game's page on Oculus Experiences. There is one important guideline with this, and that is that the game's title should be the highest line of text on the image. You can see the second post for an example screenshot.

You will then notice that some of the information pulled is different to what we get from Steam, and the pricing and description are not included, so you will have to do these manually.

Now you can also ignore the rest of the pages.

System Requirements and other information:

The app requires Windows 10. For Oculus Experiences games, I would also recommend a high resolution monitor for bigger screenshots.

You will also notice that within the app there are back and forwards arrows, which can be used to go back to the previous page, or forward again to the next page if you've just gone back. Your page history is deleted when clicking the Home button in the Hamburger menu, which takes you back to the start.

Finally, at the bottom of the Hamburger menu there is an "About" page, featuring a short description of the app.

If you are running Windows 10, then feel free to download the app from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/stor...r/9nblggh51srn
    Last edited by Liam2349; 09-16-2016 at 02:29 PM.
    Medical Physics student, Programmer, VR Enthusiast

I will graduate mid-2017 with my Masters degree.

For more information about me, visit liamfoot.com

Super Moderator
    Here is the example screenshot for Oculus Experiences games:

Last edited by Liam2349; 08-13-2016 at 12:54 AM.

Super Moderator
    I highly recommend this tool - it has been very useful for me!
    Comments posted in plain text are my own, comments posted as a moderator will be posted in blue.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tosvus View Post
    I highly recommend this tool - it has been very useful for me!
    Thanks tosvus, I'm glad it's still helping

Super Moderator
    Unfortunately this app has not been available for the last 14 days as Microsoft removed it from the Windows Store. I've been doing what I could to get it back up, but Microsoft has been working very slowly with this.

It will be available again within 23 hours however.