Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Well, i have done my own modding by unscrewing 2 screws and removing the face cover and it is better in terms of field of view. I would make my own face mount.



    Name:  rsz_20160827_091556.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  443.4 KB



    Name:  rsz_20160827_091551.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  498.2 KB


    The problem that seems not possible to fix is seeing these circles when bright light from the games, points directly to our eyes....

    Name:  20160827_091551a.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  642.8 KB

    I wish vive would offer lens replacement in the future or someone would come with modded lenses to swipe / use to replace the ones coming with the vive
    Last edited by Mb78; 08-28-2016 at 01:29 AM.

  2. #12
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    2,068
    You are a brave man, good effort! Yes there is a downside to Fresnel lenses, but I found them at least better than the Rift hybrid lenses overall, that introduce other problems instead. So does the gear vr have a smaller focus sweetspot? I think that is a selling point for Fresnel and hybrid lenses.
    Comments posted in plain text are my own, comments posted as a moderator will be posted in blue.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tosvus View Post
    You are a brave man, good effort! Yes there is a downside to Fresnel lenses, but I found them at least better than the Rift hybrid lenses overall, that introduce other problems instead. So does the gear vr have a smaller focus sweetspot? I think that is a selling point for Fresnel and hybrid lenses.
    The gear vr to me looks clearer in image and it does not have all those issues with the light re-verbering/reflecting in the lens. As FOV , at this point, with the modding above, it feels almost identical between the vive and the gear vr.

  4. #14
    Super Moderator Anglerfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    968
    Having used the Gear, CV1, and now owning a Vive, I can't say I notice a significant difference, and a good experience can make you forget about a lot of the technical limitations, but I've never owned a Gear to be able to really compare the two side by side. I certainly wouldn't mind a larger FOV, but I'm not sure I have it in me to perform such drastic surgery on my baby, and even if I did I feel like I would always want to reattach the cover before putting it away to protect the lenses from the elements. Seems like that would end up being a lot of work. Overall I'm pretty satisfied, the world of VR is wondrous, even when viewed through ski goggles.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

  5. #15
    Super Moderator GrodenVR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wherever VR takes ..................... me.
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Mb78 View Post
    The gear vr to me looks clearer in image and it does not have all those issues with the light re-verbering/reflecting in the lens. As FOV , at this point, with the modding above, it feels almost identical between the vive and the gear vr.
    Sorry I doubted you. It looks like you took matters into your own hands to come up with a solution. Hopefully you can get a good fit.

    I'm a little undecided about the fresnel myself. Compared to the dk2, the bigger sweet spot is worth it, but the reflections off the ridge circles are sometimes annoying (especially in Elite Dangerous).

  6. #16
    Super Moderator Anglerfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    968
    Yeah, when the whole screen is of a similar brightness the fresnel rings pretty much fade away, but they don't look great when you have some bright spots surrounded by darkness. Not sold on them personally, but everything comes withe a trade-off I suppose.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Anglerfish View Post
    Having used the Gear, CV1, and now owning a Vive, I can't say I notice a significant difference, and a good experience can make you forget about a lot of the technical limitations, but I've never owned a Gear to be able to really compare the two side by side. I certainly wouldn't mind a larger FOV, but I'm not sure I have it in me to perform such drastic surgery on my baby, and even if I did I feel like I would always want to reattach the cover before putting it away to protect the lenses from the elements. Seems like that would end up being a lot of work. Overall I'm pretty satisfied, the world of VR is wondrous, even when viewed through ski goggles.
    It is just a matter of unscrewing 2 screws. It is pretty easy. It is more challenging looking to create a personal visor (the part that surrounds your head/eyes around the lenses).

    I also used my gear vr soft part to replace the one that came with the vive

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Anglerfish View Post
    Yeah, when the whole screen is of a similar brightness the fresnel rings pretty much fade away, but they don't look great when you have some bright spots surrounded by darkness. Not sold on them personally, but everything comes withe a trade-off I suppose.

    i really hope that at some point some will start selling custom made replacing lenses for the vive :-)

  9. #19

  10. #20

    san andreas apk kickass

    http://appforfree.net/yify-proxy/
    http://appforfree.net/isohunt-proxy-...search-engine/
    still most of us look at isoHunt Torrent network to download torrents and seeds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •