Updates about VirtualTouch

I made this section to post some updates, either in text or in video. Feel free to comment.

#UPDATES#

First promotion video, it shows the prototype one and explain the vision of Exium Reality.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln1h...ature=youtu.be
    Exium Reality Inc. Pushing Virtual Limits

The future is Virtual
    "Technology makes the world a new place."
    - Shoshana Zuboff

Looks fantastic, let us know if you need any beta testers.

I noticed the things on the fingers, are you doing texture simulation along with haptics and tracking? Having everything in one glove would be awesome, especially if the form factor could be improved. Personally I would be happy to use them for the increased immersion even if they were to stay as bulky as the model in the video.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

Super Moderator
    I agree with Anglerfish - this looks absolutely amazing!
    Comments posted in plain text are my own, comments posted as a moderator will be posted in blue.

Thank you! It is really appreciate.

The team is working really hard and it's good to finally show something. Wait for the next iteration!

@Anglerfish:
    We do need betatesters, but around Montreal, Quebec, Canada only. The beta date is not set right now, but we need betatesters!
    Right now, there is not texture simulation, the module on the finger was generating a small force. The next version is focusing on stronger forces. Texture is in the research pipeline for sure, but we want the better macroscopic experience, then focus on the microscopic aspect.

Stay tuned!

The future is Virtual
    - Shoshana Zuboff

Unfortunately that's clear across the country for me. Might still be worth it.

I'm not sure texture was the right word, are the modules on the fingers for discerning something like a rubber from leather or stone in terms of compression? Obviously you're not going to feel the roughness of the leather vs the smoothness of the stone, but having materials with varying level of compression would be a big step up from everything feeling like stone or plastic. Regardless, even if it does it's still a big step up from feeling air or the rumble of a controller to feeling solid objects.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

Ha ha, we will give updates no worry!

Right now, it's just a force without distinction of the material. Maybe we are not here today, but research never stop!

The future is Virtual
    - Shoshana Zuboff