Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The HTC Vive Is Now Wireless Thanks to TPCAST!

Although most of us expected wireless, high-end virtual reality headsets were coming in the future, most of us likely didn't expect to actually see this technology come to fruition this year. Well, that's just what's happening with the HTC Vive as the Chinese company TPCAST has just unveiled an add-on to the Vive which essentially makes the headset completely wireless!

Considering that it seems as if any such technology is still a year or more away from Facebook's Oculus or Sony's PS VR, this could be huge news for HTC, who has seen demand for their headset drop after the launch of the more affordable Playstation VR. Wires are one of the worse things VR has to offer, as they limit a user's movement and oftentimes breaks their immersion within the game or experience. For now the device is only available in China for pre-order, but you can expect the market to expand over the next few months I assume. The price? Approximately $220. Below is a video of the TPCAST add-on in use thanks to UpLoadVR.

Name:  a1.png
Views: 1474
Size:  119.1 KB

Definitely picking this up when it's released. Mobile VR with PC VR power is going to be so great.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

Im really looking forward to release of HTC Vive, its gonna be amaizing

Super Moderator
    It's certainly very interesting. I look forward to seeing some latency testing.
    Medical Physics student, Programmer, VR Enthusiast

I will graduate mid-2017 with my Masters degree.

For more information about me, visit liamfoot.com

So excited for this development! Nice to see that there will be additional freedom of play!

Super Moderator
    Getting this for sure!!!
    Comments posted in plain text are my own, comments posted as a moderator will be posted in blue.

Definitely pre-ordering. Anyone else pre-ordering this? Can't wait to rid myself of the annoying wires.

That latency tho... I'm seriously curious how it works out, because if it works, then that'sfantastic

I hope everyone realizes HTC VIVE Wireless will operate only on the 60ghz AD wi fi network and will require a network router with 60ghz ad network. Which I already have Netgear Nighthawk X10 R9000. 60ghz ad will be equal to or better than hardwire.

I cant wait to read proper reviews from AnadTech, UploadVR and RoadToVR, etc...I dont simply trust advertising.

Cheers