Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Has anyone managed to preordered this yet?
    I tried to find how to preorder but there does not seem to be anywhere to actually place an order.
    Do we have a US delivery date

At the moment pre-order is China only (on the Chinese HTC site with delivery to China). No further official release dates are available. So we need to hold our horses. Hopefully some unboxing, reviewing is happening soon in CN!

I dont understand why there isn't a preview or review of this yet...very anxious to read them since it seems too good to be true.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Badelhas View Post
    I dont understand why there isn't a preview or review of this yet...very anxious to read them since it seems too good to be true.
    Possibly some Chinese sites reviewed it since that is where is available? Htc talks about them so I'm sure they have seen it and it works at least reasonably well.
    Comments posted in plain text are my own, comments posted as a moderator will be posted in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by tosvus View Post
    Possibly some Chinese sites reviewed it since that is where is available? Htc talks about them so I'm sure they have seen it and it works at least reasonably well.
    I hope you are right

Cheers

Remember that TPCAST is a startup from HTC's Shenzhen Vive X incubator/accelerator. Using WiGig they might also have some IP issues as well as FCC approval to sort out before entering the US, all that while on startup funds. I fear it might take a while until we see this worldwide (unless HTC lends a very helping hand with int'l registration)

Has anyone committed to tying to go about importing this? Is it as simple as just buying online and shipping to a US address?

Quote Originally Posted by xenwarps View Post
    Has anyone committed to tying to go about importing this? Is it as simple as just buying online and shipping to a US address?
    From what I read, yes. But I won't do it before reading some trusted reviews

Cheers

Man this looks awesome. It's kinda ashame it is so expensive though

Check out these photos I found

The Power Pack

The TPCast receiver

Someone using it