Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by @kfp View Post
    ..an interesting note in the review is the mention that tpcast is already working with HTC to make sure it can handle 4K. It sounds like we may get wireless next year, and in a best case scenario, even 4K! (though 2018 is quite possible for a Vive2 release of course)
    Comments posted in plain text are my own, comments posted as a moderator will be posted in blue.

Anyone got their hands on one kit yet?

Cheers

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Badelhas View Post
    Anyone got their hands on one kit yet?

Cheers
    I don't think any has been sent out. The review mentioned at least one change that would be coming to the consumer model, so my understanding is that they had one pre-order round for Chinese market, and will/are having a second one for Chinese market just about now. When either of those pre-orders ship, or when it will be available in other countries remains to be seen, but definitely 2017.
    Comments posted in plain text are my own, comments posted as a moderator will be posted in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by tosvus View Post
    I don't think any has been sent out. The review mentioned at least one change that would be coming to the consumer model, so my understanding is that they had one pre-order round for Chinese market, and will/are having a second one for Chinese market just about now. When either of those pre-orders ship, or when it will be available in other countries remains to be seen, but definitely 2017.
    Can't wait for the first final consumer version reviews, then.

Cheers

If it works as well as it seems then it will be a game changer for HTC and could help them win back a lot of the market they might have lost to Oculus with the release of Touch and perhaps even increase their lead. I can't count how many times I've put off a room scale experience just because I didn't want to deal with the cord.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

Quote Originally Posted by tosvus View Post
    Thats a shame. I was hoping to get my hands on one sooner...

Cheers

What are the chances that TPCast comes standard with the Vive 2? One of the biggest complaints about the Vive I think is the fact that the wires are constantly getting in users' way. Do you think HTC can include this with the Vive 2 without a drastic markup in price?

Quote Originally Posted by ModestMichael View Post
    What are the chances that TPCast comes standard with the Vive 2? One of the biggest complaints about the Vive I think is the fact that the wires are constantly getting in users' way. Do you think HTC can include this with the Vive 2 without a drastic markup in price?
    I really believe so, along with bigger resolution screens. I bet they are perfecting the technology while we speak.

Not entirely sure about this. Look at the wires going down the back of his neck, to what seems to be some sort of large box hiding under his jacket which powers the Vive. Not really wireless...

Quote Originally Posted by Spazem View Post
    Not entirely sure about this. Look at the wires going down the back of his neck, to what seems to be some sort of large box hiding under his jacket which powers the Vive. Not really wireless...
    It's wireless in the sense there's no wire going back to the pc.

Cheers