Any Doubt the iPhone 8 Won't At least Introduce VR?

Is there doubt in anyone's mind that Apple will be at least releasing some sort of VR news with the release of next years iPhone 8?

If they don't do it now, I feel they will have missed the boat with Google Daydream already gaining so much steam. Is it possible Apple skips VR in 2017 altogether? I think not.

Apple isn't in the business of doing new anymore, they haven't for awhile. They're in the business of letting others figure out the technical details and then packaging everything in a way that is attractive to their market. The VR market is still way too small for Apple to care about, and it wouldn't surprise me if they were still waiting for the tech and content to reach the point where it has broader appeal. I'm not saying the iPhone 8 won't be built with VR in mind, they might figure with the release of PSVR and Daydream starting to get the ball rolling in terms of sales this is the time to pull the trigger, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they waited another generation. I think so long as they get a VR device out by 2020, they aren't going to have any issue capturing a sizable portion of the market.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

Wow, 2020 seems so far off. Google may have a 2nd or 3rd version of the Daydream out by then. Don't you think that this would steal some market share away from Apple?

Part of me thinks that Apple should just make a Daydream compatible product but at the same time I feel they will want to "one-up" Google, so I don't see that happening.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk.
    Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

The first real smartphones hit the market around 2000, the iPhone hit the market 7 years later. Didn't seem to slow them down there. The first consumer grade VR headsets really only started shipping this year, if Apple releases a VR device in 2020 that's only 4 years. Sure, the VR market could take off a lot faster than the smartphone market did initially and that could make gobbling up market share a bit more challenging, but all indications point to the VR market still needing some time to really get going. I think they could do fine releasing in 2020, the question is can the modern Apple manage to create a product that resonates with their consumers like the iPhone did? That I'm less sure of.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

Angler, I guess you make a really good point. Apple is Apple and they can pretty much release a VR headset made of dry manure and still probably sell several thousand units. At the same time though, I think with the number of apps/games being released for VR, Apple would be ignorant to wait too long, as the software end of the market would be too far ahead.

With this said though, I'm sure developers would happily port their content over to an Apple ecosystem, just because it's Apple.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk.
    Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.