vrhuman´s Oculus Medium Gallery

Medium Is really cool for sculpting in VR. Here is the first test. Still getting to know all the Tools.

Name:  Deer1.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  672.6 KB
    Say Hi on Twitter
    Or visit my Website

Pretty creepy. I like it. Surprised how good the render looks and all the effects. I thought medium was mostly just for basic sculpting but you've got a pillar of frosted glass and some lights as well, is this all inside of Medium or did you do some postprocessing?
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

Nah i did some magic, i can share some tutorials if the community is interested.
    Working on this one but still searching/experimenting with a workflow for hair. Really love medium so far.

Name:  vrhuman oculus medium vladimir ilic.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  552.3 KB
    Last edited by vrhuman; 12-11-2016 at 07:10 PM.
    Say Hi on Twitter
    Or visit my Website

Even in Zbrush, which is what Medium looks like it's trying to be while minimizing the need for too much text and windows, hair is still a huge challenge. Even with particle hair it's still hard to dial it in to make it look all that real, but polygon hair typically requires some sort of an alpha map to get that smooth blending. I think you have to approach hair in Medium like you would with clay, focusing more on movement and capturing the flow of large clumps rather than trying to get too granular and sculpt every individual hair. That being said I think your approach works well with this character and I love the facial sculpt. I don't know how much if it is the postprocessing you do, but the skin has a fairly realistic appearance. Is skin one of the included materials? Most of what I've seen done with medium focuses on sculpting and doesn't dive deep into the rendering and materials options.

Our community of VR artists here is small (I really need to get back to Tiltbrush, Zbrush and Photoshop are just so much more comfortable and familiar) but I for one would love to see any tutorials you produced on either techniques or the work you do after the fact to get the appearance you're looking for.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

Still not 100% finished but someday it will i guess.

Name:  15590723_239242743174992_7732737641065071009_o.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  73.8 KB
    Say Hi on Twitter
    Or visit my Website