Question What is Apple VR?

Is AppleVR just a google cardboard or is there something specific about the headsets that make them specifically for iphone?

Apple VR is a forum we created assuming Apple would have announced a headset of some sort by now. They have not, so this forum really has no purpose. In short, Apple VR isn't a thing.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

We all know Apple with have some sort of VR product at some point. It more than likely will not be called Apple VR but we have no clue what it will be called. This is more of a speculative section than anything else.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk.
    Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

I see. Yes Apple usually sits back, watches everyone else make headway in new technologies, and then they come in and "perfect" it. Windows>Mac, Blackberry>iPhone. Doubtless they are simply biding there time to be credited for "Sparking the next revolution". Can Apple do anything at this juncture though or is it simply too late? There are so many Apple fanboys (and girls) that it might just be possible. Right now only about 4 or 5% of the potential market is active and I think most apple exclusive users have yet to officially adopt a brand of VR headset, there may still be time for them yet.

When it comes to mobile VR, I feel as though IT just isn't there yet. Sure, it's cool, but it's not really all that practical. I know I stopped using my Google Cardboard about 2 weeks after getting it. It just gets boring.

Apple, I think is waiting until they have the technology (and can afford putting in in a product) of Augmented Reality. I actually like calling it Virtual Augmented Reality since future technology will probably encompass both. Augmented Reality is what will lead to productivity apps which will leave us in awe. When this can be combined into a VR headset that allows us to see a world overtop our real world, that's when VR/AR will take off on mobile devices. This is what Apple must wait for.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk.
    Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

What is Apple VR?

I'll tell you what it is. It's a product that Apple will design after all the other products already on the market. They will combine the beset elements of these devices, use more wear and tear-resistant hardware and brand it their own. They will sell million and make a ton of money.

After all, this is what apple does with just about every product they release.