Why so little HoloLens news lately?

Has anyone else noticed that there has been an abnormally low amount of HoloLens news as of late? Turn back the calendar 6 months and this was one of the hottest stories.

Has the HoloLens become somewhat of a failure with other companies announcing similar products at a fraction of the price, or have people realized that the HoloLens probably won't ever be a consumer product, now that Microsoft has teamed with other manufacturers for a VR headset for the Xbox? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I was one of the people who was gung-ho about this, but now I feel as though I won't ever be owning one.

Yeah, I think it's still pretty far off from achieving the right experience at the right price to be a consumer product, so there isn't a lot of reason to bother hyping it up at this point.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

I really think that at the time it was announced it was such a new technology that the media loved it. Now with other VR headsets on the market, devices like the Rift, Vive, PSVR, Daydream etc. appeal more to everyday people because they are consumer products, so the media is covering them. The media is about what gets the most views for the most part. HoloLens is far from dead though and I think we will continue to see cool stuff from them, just not as often as we did 6 months back.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk.
    Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

I'm not sure what kind of news you can be expecting. Right now it's up to the software developers to create content that works in unison with Hololens.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes in big corporations creating bespoke Hololens experiences (many of which we likely wont even hear about). The other MR devices have not reached Hololens level of inside-out tracking stability so Hololens still has quite a lead. I suspect they dont plan to overhype until a couple of generations down the line where its a much more wearable form-factor.
    For a first gen dev kit it really is already an extraordinary achievement.