Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakku View Post
    Ahh I understand... so you're using the Vive controllers with headset steering? To be honest I never considered that anyone would play it that way! It's not coded to do it. I should be able to make a few changes that'll make it work though.

I think that's the issue. If you try motion control and gamepad, hopefully they'll work.

Graeme

BTW: The Escape key quits to the main menu too.
    I’ve just finished making a few changes and have just uploaded them to Steam, so you’ll get a small update of around 1.5mb.

Changes are:

- Music was borked and kept restarting when you returned to the main menu. This is fixed.
    - I’ve made changes to allow headset steering, but still allow the Vive controllers to do everything else. So double-press trigger while looking straight ahead brings up the in-game menu. Looking left or right while pressing trigger cycles views. Holding down the trigger suspends headset steering so you can free-look without plunging out of the sky. Flapping is apparently Up on the Vive controllers Dpad. Your Xbox/Steam controller works the same as before. No changes there. Control using motion controllers has not changed either.
    - Pressing Escape at any time in-game will return you to the main menu.
    - Pressing the Vive’s D-pad should re-centre the view.
    - Options for Difficulty, Starting in the air/on ground, music on/off, and the comfort mode setting, are saved on exit and reapplied when you start the game. I may expand this to allow you to ‘save’ your game, and continue later from the same point.

Anything Vive related is pure guess work, as I don’t have one. I hope it should work as described. Headset steering seems to work quite well on the Oculus, as in you shouldn’t have to look up too much to fly level, but again I don’t know if this’ll behave differently on Vive. I would welcome feedback for headset steering on a Vive.

Hopefully this should work better for you now!

All the best;

Graeme

sorry it took a while, had a lot to do this week. The newer version is a LOT easier to fly. The buttons are all working as described. The only thing that is kinda confusing is that the controllers sometimes want to swap hands, but this happens on a few games so I suppose it is just a vive tick

The center view is the menu button on the opposite controller to the wings flapping. All pretty easy to use. the only thing that can be confusing is when you are flying left and don't think, press the trigger so you can look around and suddenly you are looking at the back of a bird. It's not much and you remember b´not to do it mostly, but on occasion it can confuse.

All in all, I managed to stay in the air for long enough that i needed to take a break for a drink.

The only "bug" that I have found is that if i crash / land on a mountain side, it is pretty much impossible to get back in the air. The only "grumble" is that I wanted to follow the green arrows to the fire signal thing, it was on a mountain side and because of updrafts, i could not get to it. very frustrating, but then I just chilled back into free flight, so you know, no biggy.

My Son loves it, the only thing he has developed is going back to the menu and starting again because he can't coordinate a take off if he lands

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by sKin View Post
    sorry it took a while, had a lot to do this week. The newer version is a LOT easier to fly. The buttons are all working as described. The only thing that is kinda confusing is that the controllers sometimes want to swap hands, but this happens on a few games so I suppose it is just a vive tick

The center view is the menu button on the opposite controller to the wings flapping. All pretty easy to use. the only thing that can be confusing is when you are flying left and don't think, press the trigger so you can look around and suddenly you are looking at the back of a bird. It's not much and you remember b´not to do it mostly, but on occasion it can confuse.

All in all, I managed to stay in the air for long enough that i needed to take a break for a drink.

The only "bug" that I have found is that if i crash / land on a mountain side, it is pretty much impossible to get back in the air. The only "grumble" is that I wanted to follow the green arrows to the fire signal thing, it was on a mountain side and because of updrafts, i could not get to it. very frustrating, but then I just chilled back into free flight, so you know, no biggy.

My Son loves it, the only thing he has developed is going back to the menu and starting again because he can't coordinate a take off if he lands

Darren
    That's brilliant. It made my day reading your reply, on an otherwise tough day. There's a couple of things I can do to make it work better. I can make it be a double press on the trigger to change views, while holding the trigger does free look. If the dpad on the Vive controller works for flapping, then left/right could be used to turn. Not sure how to walk forwards yet mind.

Yes I've experienced the hand swapping thing. The Oculus has done it too. I'm not sure if it's OpenVR or me. I've avoided it by making sure your hands are in normal places by your sides, and the controllers are not close. It hasn't swapped on me for ages, and never while playing.

Remember you can look up, hold the triggers for two seconds and it'll zoom you into the sky. That should be working, and should get you back in the air if you do land?

Graeme