Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakku View Post
    It's strange... even following the SteamVR tutorial, nothing relating to the touch controllers seems to work. It picks up the buttons, but not the transforms for the controllers. The headset tracking is spot on though. I did have to make some changes that I found quite easily when I looked up the runtime error. I have SteamVR set up with my controllers, and they work fine normally. It seems to be Unity that's getting stuck somewhere.

Graeme
    I wish I had a Rift+Touch so I could help. I have seen other developers be able to use it fine though. If it is anything like Vive, you have to attach custom model underneath each hand in SteamVR camera component, and disable the default Vive controller model.
    Comments posted in plain text are my own, comments posted as a moderator will be posted in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by tosvus View Post
    I wish I had a Rift+Touch so I could help. I have seen other developers be able to use it fine though. If it is anything like Vive, you have to attach custom model underneath each hand in SteamVR camera component, and disable the default Vive controller model.
    I'll see what I can do. I'll almost certainly get in touch for some advice! I have contacted Steam also, to see what they may say. I have uploaded a new demo too, fixing loads of bits and bobs and adding a few things also. The details are on the top post.

I'll give your theory a try, and see what happens too. I'd love to add SteamVR support.

Graeme

Aquila is due to appear in the Gallery Apps section on the Oculus Store on the 25th January for the huge sum of US$5.99 ... of course I will still be adding to it after then.

I'm rather happy!

Graeme
    Last edited by Rakku; 01-20-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tosvus View Post
    I am running the 5.5 beta and had to change a few lines of code to make steamvr work properly (it worked but with 5.5 the graphics got really blocky). I can dig up the changes needed. I'm afraid I have only developed for Vive so far, so not sure if you will run into issues.
    I thought you might like to know I've almost got Aquila working in OpenVR. I have one lingering bug, where if I redefine the axes to use a gamepad on the Unity configure screen, then the touch thumb pad stops moving left and down but right and up is ok! Does that ring any bells with you? I'm using the steamvr libraries to read the controller. Be even better if the interface just used triggers and pointing, then it wouldn't matter! More time needed...

Graeme

New demo just uploaded! http://www.aquila-bfs.com/download/

I've made a few changes on the top post. Thank you!

Graeme
    Last edited by Rakku; 02-07-2017 at 06:10 PM.

I've just uploaded a new version to the Store. It should show as 0.88, dated 19th February.

Changes are:
    - Expanded Xbox controller tutorial, which covers basic flight, controls, view selections, in-flight menu, and a brief thermal soaring scenario.
    - Selectable VR views between 'behind the eyes', on the birds back, and a chase view.* This is with the LH shoulder button on the Xbox controller, or A on the RH touch controller.
    - In Easy mode, you get a bullseye to show you the good spot in a thermal.
    - Start in the air, and 'miracle' height options.* Miracle height works on the ground, and is when you hold 'Y' on the touch or Xbox controller for 2 seconds.

Time to go to sleep...

Graeme

Hi,

first off: relaxing game once you get the hang of it. Couple of points (I am willing to accept that all are related to me not reading something.)

1: When playing on the HTC With controllers, I could not get the main menu to come up at all, once I was in the game, that was that: the only way I could find to exit or restart was to call up the system menu and exit the game.
    2: The only button on either control that did anything was the D-Pad up on the left hand (flap wings) and the Menu Button on the right hand which centered the view, is that correct? This meant I was missing, Free look, View change etc.
    3: I could not "free look". when I looked around, I moved as well; not stunningly annoying, but with the Steam Pad controller I could look around.
    4: Funnily enough, the D-Pad on the right worked when I was on the ground and let me walk around.

With the Steam controller it was a different story and very enjoyable once I realised I was a bird and did NOT have a Turbine engine.. Everything was nice and smooth in the graphics (GTX 1070) with no chopping at all that I noticed.

The only thing that bugged me was that when I didn't look directly, almost vertically, up whilst flying, I would dive to the floor quite quickly. I tried centering the view and all sorts, but no luck. I will try again tonight, had to do a lot of house repairs at the weekend so I did not have much time.

Quote Originally Posted by sKin View Post
    Hi,

first off: relaxing game once you get the hang of it. Couple of points (I am willing to accept that all are related to me not reading something.)

1: When playing on the HTC With controllers, I could not get the main menu to come up at all, once I was in the game, that was that: the only way I could find to exit or restart was to call up the system menu and exit the game.
    2: The only button on either control that did anything was the D-Pad up on the left hand (flap wings) and the Menu Button on the right hand which centered the view, is that correct? This meant I was missing, Free look, View change etc.
    3: I could not "free look". when I looked around, I moved as well; not stunningly annoying, but with the Steam Pad controller I could look around.
    4: Funnily enough, the D-Pad on the right worked when I was on the ground and let me walk around.

With the Steam controller it was a different story and very enjoyable once I realised I was a bird and did NOT have a Turbine engine.. Everything was nice and smooth in the graphics (GTX 1070) with no chopping at all that I noticed.

The only thing that bugged me was that when I didn't look directly, almost vertically, up whilst flying, I would dive to the floor quite quickly. I tried centering the view and all sorts, but no luck. I will try again tonight, had to do a lot of house repairs at the weekend so I did not have much time.
    Can I check you're running version 0.905? It's displayed on the title screen. I had left out the vr check that would detect Vive motion controllers, so Vive would not have worked correctly and done weird things like you describe. Also the only code that links headset movements and bird control is if you've selected headset steering, or there's a huge bug somewhere.

Anyway if you could check the version and control method, that will let me think about things.

All the best;

Graeme

Hi,

I had the headset steering on. I like that. What I meant was that when I played with a steam controller (xbox thing) I could press a button and free look. On the controller that wasn't the case. No Code Bug

I would assume it is all related to the VIVE handsets not being recognized properly. I will check tonight which Version it is and let you know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sKin View Post
    Hi,

I had the headset steering on. I like that. What I meant was that when I played with a steam controller (xbox thing) I could press a button and free look. On the controller that wasn't the case. No Code Bug

I would assume it is all related to the VIVE handsets not being recognized properly. I will check tonight which Version it is and let you know.

Thanks
    Ahh I understand... so you're using the Vive controllers with headset steering? To be honest I never considered that anyone would play it that way! It's not coded to do it. I should be able to make a few changes that'll make it work though.

I think that's the issue. If you try motion control and gamepad, hopefully they'll work.

Graeme

BTW: The Escape key quits to the main menu too.
    Last edited by Rakku; 03-14-2017 at 06:38 PM.