Hybrid View

Annoying Oculus Touch Controller Sounds

Has anyone experience, after using their controls quite a bit, that they start making sounds when the trigger is pulled? When I first got my controls they worked fine and they didn't make a sound at all when I pulled the trigger. Now though my left controller is really bad. It makes a very loud sound when pulled, and my right one is starting to do it, although not as bad?

Is this a known issue? Does Oculus replace controllers that do this?

However you want to explain it, whether it be a clanking, clicking, clattering or banging sound, this is actually quite normal I think with most controls. Most controls have a dampening device which usually only works for so long before giving way to wear and tear. It is surprising that I've heard of quite a few people with this problem so soon after the release, but I also realize most gaming controllers have sticky buttons or buttons that make sounds.

I do think that this is a minor design flaw but at the same time I don't expect Oculus to exchange out or refund because of the issue. It's not all that terrible in my opinion.

If this sound annoys you, maybe you shouldn't be a gamer!

they are broken i got my second pair getting louder and louder rma them !!!

This is what happens when you buy the first version of something
    I expect Oculus Touch 2 to have a fix, perhaps even later builds of this current version.

I'm trying to find a new controller due to this issue too
    Don't have your VR Headset yet? Want one for a friend?

=== FREE Google Cardboard (& Other stuff too) ===

Yes, Oculus up on this design. It's too late to do much about it though other than try and come up with a better design for future productions.