Could Oculus team with Apple on Apple VR?

This is just speculation, but wouldn't it be very groundbreaking if Apple and Oculus teamed for a partnership like they have with GearVR? I'm not sure the details of the Samsung/oculus contract but we all know that Apple would sell plenty of Oculus content, and Oculus would definitely help Apple sell VR devices, whatever they end up being and whenever they end up releasing.

Do you think the Samsung contract allows Oculus to provide content for other headsets or would that content need to expire first?

Oculus is owned by Facebook. Although I won't rule it out totally, I don't see Facebook and Apple teaming for such a major hardware project. Apple is all about high margins, while Facebook is all about pushing VR to as many people as possible so that they can build up their future Social VR platform. They have different goals, and Apple is not known for having partners for their hardware, so this is likely not happening any time soon.

It would surprise me to see Apple team up with any company they don't own. I don't know, I just can't picture them releasing Apple VR powered by X company, I think they have enough money and resources to do everything they would need to do in house. Has Apple ever teamed up with another company in the past to produce a product?
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

I'm with Anglerfish on this one. Apple having a closed environment with everything they do. They like keeping all the profits to themselves. This is a reason why Apple has been so successful and it's one of the business strategies that Steve Jobs introduced. I doubt that changes with VR.