Insta360 to Launch 8k 360-Degree Camera for $3,000

Details have leaked a bit early as to what China's Insta360 will be unveiling this week at CES. The company, which specializes in 360-degree camera technology, will soon be showing off what could be the best 'bang for your buck' 360-degree camera on the market.

The Insta360 Pro will be able to capture 360-degree video in an 8K format. That's movie theater-like resolutions for virtual reality content. If you are taking stills, you can capture images up to an incredible 60MP. On the other hand, if you are filming 360-degree content for VR, the Insta360 Pro will be able to support a staggeringly high 100 frames per second at 4K resolution. The camera is also able to connect to the internet via WiFi or ethernet to livestream 360-degree high-quality videos to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc.

While full details will be revealed at CES this week, I have managed to find that this device will retail for around $3,000, making it an affordable camera for small businesses looking to jump in on the VR content creation market. Below is a picture of the device:
    Name:  a1a1.png
Views: 1786
Size:  108.5 KB

Way out of my price range but super cool! I wonder how cameras like these will be used in the future. I doubt we will ever see 360 degree movies take off. I think 360 degree video will be more for experiences rather than paying attention to plots.

Super Moderator
    Could be nice to create some simple experience content. I think you need at least that kind of resolution for it to make any sense.

Gotta say it reminds me of one of those conference 360 videocams though..
    Comments posted in plain text are my own, comments posted as a moderator will be posted in blue.