Subscription service for Oculus/Samsung?

I saw earlier this week that HTC announced they will be releasing a Viveport subscription service so that we don't actually have to buy games to play them. I think this is a brilliant idea and would love to see Oculus and Samsung announce a similar service for owners of the GearVR. There is so much content out there, why not let us pay a set monthly price to have access to all?

Super Moderator
    It's worth noting that HTC's subscription won't cover the whole of Viveport, and that each game has to be opted-in.
    Medical Physics student, Programmer, VR Enthusiast

I will graduate mid-2017 with my Masters degree.

For more information about me, visit liamfoot.com

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam2349 View Post
    It's worth noting that HTC's subscription won't cover the whole of Viveport, and that each game has to be opted-in.
    Yes, but interesting both from a consumer perspective, and as a developer as well. It almost sounded like the catalog may rotate a bit, which could be a good idea, as many people only play a game for a short period of time (but perhaps quite a bit in that period). Could be a good way to try out games, and if there is something you want to continue to play past x months, you buy it.
    Comments posted in plain text are my own, comments posted as a moderator will be posted in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by tosvus View Post
    Yes, but interesting both from a consumer perspective, and as a developer as well. It almost sounded like the catalog may rotate a bit, which could be a good idea, as many people only play a game for a short period of time (but perhaps quite a bit in that period). Could be a good way to try out games, and if there is something you want to continue to play past x months, you buy it.
    Ohh, I like that idea! I wonder if it will actually be possible though...
    Don't have your VR Headset yet? Want one for a friend?

=== FREE Google Cardboard (& Other stuff too) ===