What's next for Oculus?

Now that the Oculus Rift and Oculus Touch are available. We have to start thinking ahead to what comes next as far as hardware is concerned. Is Rift 2 next or will we see some sort of wireless device similar to something like what HTC is working on with their Vive smartphone? Do we see a new generation of Touch controls before or after the next generation of the Rift?

How soon do you think it will be until something hardware related is released by Oculus? 2017, 2018 or later?

More than likely HTC will be releasing a Mobile headset. Then I predict Oculus will come out with a new non-mobile headset (Rift 2). I feel this won't be until the end of 2017 however. I also think that this next generation of headsets will be much better, as the components will have been made specifically for VR instead of the current headsets which are built using components which were originally meant for smartphones.

Next will be the Rift 2. I'm guessing we will see something that comes out sometime this year like Brian suggests. While it's possible it could be wireless, I don't think it would be something that goes along with a smartphone, being that they already have the Samsung Gear VR partnership.

I definitely see the Rift 2 being the next release in terms of hardware for Oculus. I don't think Touch will be updated for some time. What I'm wondering is if the Oculus Rift 2 will be wireless or not. That will be a pretty huge deal if it is.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk.
    Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.

Seems like TPCast will set the gold standard in hassle-free VR cabling. It isn't exactly wireless and it may be awhile before we see PC VR being as truly wireless as mobile, but I doubt either company wants to take a step back to having to run a cord to the PC for the next generation, so I imagine both will at least be bundling a similar device.
    Comments posted as plain-colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk, Comments posted in blue are official Moderator comments.