Thread: Motion Sickness

Motion Sickness

I'm a few weeks into playing with DayDream (on Pixel XL), and while I'm generally pretty happy with it, I experience motion sickness within 10-30 mins of use. It is especially bad with moving games (e.g. Hunter's Gate), but I even get it from fast blur transitions of otherwise static 360 images (e.g. Sherlock VR and Street View).

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions? The only thing I've found to help a bit is to close my eyes during a blur transition, and to avoid the motion based games and apps.

I'm also thinking about getting the HTC Vive in hopes that the 'room size' VR experience would help allay motion sickness, since you are moving around the environment, instead of the environment moving around you. Anyone have experience with this, success or otherwise?

Try some Ginger pills, they work for a lot of people. Or another kind of motion/nausea medication that is available to you.

Have you tried those sea sick braceletts? They worked for me. Some people think that they are a hoax but I swear by them on boats, planes and now VR.

Thanks for the suggestions! I would rather not take medication, but the ginger pills and sea sickness bracelets are both great ideas. I have used the bracelets before on boats and buses, they work well for me also. Thanks for the reminder!