HTC vive blue screen lose tracking

Hello,

This is really very frustrating for me, i've google it searched and read many topics but can't find the solution.

My probleme is after 10minute ~ 30 minute each game i am having a blue screen of death (lose tracking) for around 2 second. This realy very annoying for me it broke my immersion.

I've tried :
    Switch each base station to A to track if one was not working , but still same problem for both
    Switched usb port3.0 to 2.0
    Turn off all the light/wifi/bluetooth in the room
    Update all my pc drivers
    Disable power management in steam
    Disabled usb power management in windows.

Thank you so much for helping me.

I wanted to add to this because I too am having the problem. I am a tech and an excellent trouble shooter. I have information for you... I have found this to be a temperature issue. When it is cooler it happens less and takes longer to occur. If I point even a small fan with a small breeze at the HMD the problem goes away. When it starts I put my face in front of the fan for a minute or set the HMD on the desk in front of the fan and poof.. no more issues. I can play for ever with sitting down games with the fan on me.. but presents a problem with standing up motion games/apps. This is 100% a temperature issue. I have noted while this is happening it is losing sync with the base stations/light houses. I wonder if it is using bluetooth to talk to them at all.. is the radio glitching as it warms up? Or are one of the cameras/sensors dropping out as it heats up? I have been asking HTC about this over and over and so far they are clueless and do not seem very interested in the issue. Why is this only happening to some of us?

Super Moderator
    It might be worth disabling bluetooth and USB (camera) in steamvr setup to see if this helps. I have never seen overheating issues, but maybe your unit tolerates less than what it should.
    Comments posted in plain text are my own, comments posted as a moderator will be posted in blue.

Oh my yes. I disabled the Camera. Will have to try the bluetooth. Did not know that could be disabled. I have also tried USB3 and USB2 and using a hub.. and changing the cables and returned/exchanged the device 3 times! I have rebuilt the firmware.. what else to try???

Super Moderator
    If you have exchanged the Vive several times, I don't think it can be overheating. I have heard of very few that does that, so you would have to have incredibly bad luck..

Check this thread, some things to think about - must be interference in some way, or a hardware problem with your pc: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/commen..._issue_solved/

If you have an account on Reddit, know that https://www.reddit.com/user/vk2zay (user vk2zay) is actually Alan Yates, the guy who designed the Lighthouse system, and he has helped others when they are stuck. Describe the details to him in a post on reddit (refer it so he gets a notification, you can see how it is done in the first link I gave you) - he might send you some ferrites or something to help stop interference if all else fails.
    Comments posted in plain text are my own, comments posted as a moderator will be posted in blue.

You are awesome. First link leads to a controller problem.. far from mine. I have found a number of posts that describe my issue with no solution and they did not recognize that the HMD was overheating. I have been battling it out with the HTC support people. They are not very motivated. At this time they are telling me to replace my 650w PSU with a 800w one. So I ordered a high end 850W PSU. Also... on the outside chance that the fact that my lighthouses angle are contributing to the problem I purchased some poles and will remove them from the sealing and lower them a bit as well as change their angle to see if I can overcome this that way. After all that I will be borrowing a computer and start swapping parts around to see if maybe it is some strange compatibility issue with the MB or Video Card. I will of course share my results. Beyond all this I am clueless. I am cursed though.. if there are 4 bad Vives on the planet.. they will all come to me. (: I will post on reddit as you suggested once I have more results.

Super Moderator
    No problem! Yes the first link was to give you some additional ideas for troubleshooting your system but you have done a lot.. do you know anyone with a good PC, so you can hook your Vive up to theirs to test?

If you have had 3 vives , and they all had they same overheating problem , HAS to be something on your end heating it up I would think , my power supply is much smaller than that ( 550 I think ) .....
    you could just try the sync cable on the lighthouses but if a fan at the hmd fixes it , seems like the issue is there.....I would take to a buddys house and test there 1st thing if it were me....

I wanted to update this thread as I solved my problem. According to HTC my power supply was not strong enough (at 650w) and I needed an 800w power supply unit (PSU) according to their recommended hardware page. This upset me a great deal... It upset me because I built my computer BASED on their recommended hardware page. And there is NO MENTION of a PSU on it. Since I upgraded my PSU I have had no issues. Additionally.. after testing.. I put my base stations on camera poles and lowered them from the ceiling so that they were about 1 foot above my head. All my tracking issues are resolved.