Rift VR position and guardian going awire

Hello all,

I bought the rift a week ago so I am still in the process of understanding how everything works but I have encountered a problem that I dont see being mentioned anywere (or I couldnt find it).

Everything works fine after setting up oculus rift and touch with the oculus step by step process. I am able to use it as long as I dont get off grid but if for some reason the sensors loose track of either the rift or the touch by lets say simply turning my head the other way, the VR loction goes crazy and the Guardian system moves somewhere else randomly..

Because of that I am having to redo the whole "reset sensor tracking" every 10mn or so.. Is there a fix for this?

Cheers

Have you updated to the latest firmware and where are you positioning your tracking camera?
    Check out https://roborecall.org/ for all your Robo Recall Modding Needs

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Have you updated to the latest firmware and where are you positioning your tracking camera?
    Hi Jordan,

I dont know if I have upgraded the firmware but I think it did it automatically when I plugged it for the first time (about 3 weeks ago). I will try to check it later today.

The two sensors (I have the touch as well) are on one desk about 1,2m from one another, one being about 20cm above the other. The guardian area is about 2.5m wide by 1.4m deep, so it is quite small but the app says it's a "moderate area". There is also my cupboard mirror behind me that could be doing something weird to the sensors.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ottoatom View Post
    Hi Jordan,

I dont know if I have upgraded the firmware but I think it did it automatically when I plugged it for the first time (about 3 weeks ago). I will try to check it later today.

The two sensors (I have the touch as well) are on one desk about 1,2m from one another, one being about 20cm above the other. The guardian area is about 2.5m wide by 1.4m deep, so it is quite small but the app says it's a "moderate area". There is also my cupboard mirror behind me that could be doing something weird to the sensors.

Cheers

Please try this guide

Place Sensor 1 in the corner of your room closest to your PC, facing inwards to the centre of your playspace pointing to where your chest would be, and connect it directly to a USB 3.0 port. You'll want to get it as high as possible.

Place Sensor 2 in the opposite corner to Sensor 1, and point it towards Sensor 1 horizontally, and again towards where your chest would be. Again, as high as possible.

Connect the USB 3.0 extension cable to Sensor 2's cable (for the cables recommended above, you should not have to connect the optional DC power cable)

Route the USB 3.0 extension cable along the sides of your room back to your PC, and connect it to a free USB 3.0 port

NOTE: The distance between the sensors should not exceed 10 feet / 3 metres. If you need more, you need to do a 3 sensor room scale setup instead.

Use this picture as a reference, https://i.imgur.com/8EeRa9o.png . If this solution doesn't work for me, reply back and I'll find a solution.
    Check out https://roborecall.org/ for all your Robo Recall Modding Needs