i need help! oculus riff sensor wont install

well... here is my story... i bought a used oculus riff headset a month ago from a seller in ebay. i received it and then i had to travel to central america. until i arrived here i had the chance to test it out... for my surprise, everything worked but the sensor. i started the nightmare with oculus support. ive done everything the drivers.exe, clean install of the windows, even install everything in safe mode... still the same problem... the headset is detected but when i plug in the sensor, when i go to device manager it says cv1 external camera, when i go to properties it clearly says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28),There are no compatible drivers for this device.", the oculus support said i was a defective sensor... so i order a new one from amazon.... same exact problem!!! e=

if any one can help me, my desperate,,,, any ideas are welcome!

Hi Joseasua, sorry to hear about your difficulties, hopefully we can work it out. Based on what you've tried so far, my first suspicion would be that there is a compatibility problem between the USB controllers on the motherboard and the Rift sensors. There are specific chipsets that they were known to have difficulties with. I'd start (if you haven't already) by confirming that you have the latest motherboard BIOS and USB drivers installed. Given that you've already done a clean install and a tried a new sensor you've already eliminated many of the usual suspects. If you have access to another machine it would interesting to install the drivers and see if the sensor is detected correctly - this will tell us fur certain that the problem is with your machine and not the sensor. If this turns out to be the problem and it's not something we can resolve through software, the worst case would probably involve buying a separate USB controller card (they're cheap), but I wouldn't run off and try that until we've confirmed a few more things. Also I'm guessing you already tried this, but if your motherboard has multiple USB controllers on it, moving the sensor to a different port can also help. Good luck -please let me know what you find........
    Last edited by Cheesekeeper; 06-27-2017 at 06:35 AM.
    Comments posted as Plain colored text are my own and not necessarily endorsed by VRTalk , Comments posted in Blue are Official moderator comments.

Are you on Windows10?
    Check out https://roborecall.org/ for all your Robo Recall Modding Needs

yes i am on win 10

Quote Originally Posted by joseastua View Post
    yes i am on win 10
    Did you end up getting it to work? If not, pm me with your skype or Google hangouts and I'll help you fix it.
    Check out https://roborecall.org/ for all your Robo Recall Modding Needs