Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by leadingones View Post
    I spend somewhere between 40-50 hours a week on this, so I guess you could call it a little more than a hobby. I just love VR and I want to see more people share the passion that I have for it
    It shows, great interface and a very nice design.

Hey Folks - one more resource for your list:

VR Simulator - it's a Unity asset that simulates an HMD and position-tracked controllers if they're not connected using keyboard/mouse/gamepad/etc input.

(Full disclosure: I own the company that made it, and was the principle dev who built it)

It's primarily useful for testing VR dev work without needing to put on a headset - if you're traveling, at home, or you just want to check something quickly w/o putting on an HMD. We've released it in beta free of charge for the time being, but are planning to release it on the Unity Asset Store as a paid asset in the coming weeks.

Hope folks find it helpful!

All the best,
    Chris
    --
    Immerseum Inc - Bringing Museums to You
    www.immerseum.io

Quote Originally Posted by Immerseum View Post
    Hey Folks - one more resource for your list:

VR Simulator - it's a Unity asset that simulates an HMD and position-tracked controllers if they're not connected using keyboard/mouse/gamepad/etc input.

(Full disclosure: I own the company that made it, and was the principle dev who built it)

It's primarily useful for testing VR dev work without needing to put on a headset - if you're traveling, at home, or you just want to check something quickly w/o putting on an HMD. We've released it in beta free of charge for the time being, but are planning to release it on the Unity Asset Store as a paid asset in the coming weeks.

Hope folks find it helpful!

All the best,
    Chris
    Jeez, I may have to revisit Unity and give this a shot. I worked with Unity for about 2 months and switched to UE4 when I started learning VR development because I like their blueprints, but it is a hassle to have to test everything inside my headset.
    Posts as a moderator will be in red because red is scary.

CPU: i5 6600k
    Cooler: Corsair H80i
    GPU: XFX R9 390X
    Motherboard: G.Skills G1 Sniper
    PSU: Rosewill 650w
    Case: Fractal Design R5 Windowed

Quote Originally Posted by DanV2 View Post
    Jeez, I may have to revisit Unity and give this a shot. I worked with Unity for about 2 months and switched to UE4 when I started learning VR development because I like their blueprints, but it is a hassle to have to test everything inside my headset.
    Yep - I spent a long time weighing the pros and cons of Unity vs UE4. Ultimately decided to go with Unity for business reasons (basically size and scope of the community, the fact that there are more devs out there with even entry-level Unity experience, and a whole bunch more besides, etc.). But basically, we made a strategic bet on Unity rather than UE4, and I don't think we're likely to release a UE4 port of the VR Simulator in the foreseeable future. It's a shame, because I really like UE4 as a technical platform - I'd love to be doing more work in it. Just doesn't make sense for our business purposes.

Chris
    --
    Immerseum Inc - Bringing Museums to You
    www.immerseum.io

Banned
    Hi here,I'm young.
    Our official website webset www.trendsloving.com.
    You can learn more assets and resources about VR display.
    I hope that you can give good idea about our product.

Hi there fellow VR developers and enthusiasts!

My name is Patrick Catanzariti (PatCat for short) and I run a site called Dev Diner which aims to help developers get into emerging tech — VR included

I stumbled upon this while hunting around the web for a VR forum, glad to see it exists!

I've got a few sections that might help people looking to get into VR:
    - A curated list of the best links to resources on VR design and dev: https://devdiner.com/guides
    - Interviews with people in the industry and opinion pieces on VR: https://devdiner.com/virtual-reality
    - I've also got stuff on AR for those keen on that area too: https://devdiner.com/augmented-reality

I've also got a weekly newsletter that covers the latest news in all of this, along with news on the IoT, wearables and artificial intelligence, so if you're keen on this sort of thing, it could help

If anyone has any questions around VR or wishes there was an article on certain topics they're stuck on, feel free to get in touch with me — I'd be happy to help out.

VR Game/App Developer PortalStudios's Avatar
    I'm an Unreal Engine Dev so I've got (mostly) unreal assets to share with you

VR Content Examples for Unreal Engine - this guys gives you some pretty neat VR interactions assets ready to use right out of the box and does a great job showing you how they work so you can easily go ahead and extend them. I've personally made use as well as learned from these assets!

Unreal Engine Market place - Obviously.. here you can find some great free as well as paid assets for your Unreal projects!

Mixamo - Many 3D character assets with a ton of great animations, this site is really great and can definitely help you out in your projects! Ow and did I mention this is COMPLETELY free?

Enjoy!

i think you can get more information for this link :- http://www.thetwitt.com/